Friday 16 October 2015

TINAKILLY COUNTRY HOUSE HOTEL AND GARDENS


 
Happy Friyay,
 
 
Tinakilly house down in Rathdown,Wicklow held a very special day for our friends Marie and Kieran's wedding. The mansion by the sea is a little hidden jem which features 14 acre of land which surround the building,while it's also great to take a little walk around on. It's not my first time here as we had a family meal to celebrate my nanny birthday only a year ago. It was great to head back for a second time and to truly enjoy my overnight stay in the hotel.

 
The day we headed down for the wedding I didn't really get much time to have a walk around as I had to save it for the next day. The mansion itself has a very Victorian Italianate feel to it and all the bedrooms are decked out with antique furniture which you can also see as you walk throughout the hallways. 
 
 
The day of the ceremony though was held outside on the grounds in front of the building. We had to take a couple of steps down leading us to the chairs lined out for the wedding party. It was also beside one of the many waterfalls. The service went very swiftly and of course beautiful words were said (hankys were needed) and of course there were a couple of laughs thrown in. We then headed back up around the main building as the groom and his groomsmen took it in turn to give their speeches. I thought that was a great idea as of then the bride and groom could spend the rest of their night to really enjoy themselves. When finally came the call to head to the function marquee for where the main meal was been held. It had a very boho vintage look to the layout of the room and the table. With the bellies full and everyone very happy we began the real night by running to the dance floor to the sounds of fresh beats.
 
 
After having a great day and night the next morning I got up an went for some breakfast down to the hotel restaurant. Then it was time to take a walk around the ground and gardens to take in some of the beautiful scenery. While I also noticed from certain areas of the ground you could look out and see the sea. Everyone was so nice and helpful throughout the day that I really can't fault anything apart from my hangover the next day ;). Well to me once I'm dancing the night away and my feet are pretty sore that's a good sign of a wedding put together really really well.

 
WhatIWore:
 
Betsy and Adam black sheer lace dress from Tk Maxx
Heels (old)
Gold shawl
Beige clutch
Lauren's Way tan
 
Hope you enjoy the piece!
 
Bubbles xx
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment