Monday 9 March 2015

MY TRIP BACK TO GALWAY


Happy Monday Bubbleheads!

I made my way back to Galway for an overnight night stay last Tuesday. I was attending a Galway hour/gourmet tasting meal in An Pucan on Forester Street off Eyre Square. This time i made the journey by train from Heuston Station in town. How exciting haven't been on a train in years and my have they changed. Wifi,plugs to plug in electronics,very impressed! Also great seen all the Irish scenery all the sheeps with their baby lambs,horses and some of the lovely greenery covered in snow. Two an a half hours later the train pulled into the station and I'm happy to say that the walk to the hotel wasn't far approximately 5 minutes. 



I booked the hotel on the same road as to where An Pucan was but i didn't realise they were actually across the road from each other,nice right!The hotel i chosen was Forester Court Hotel i did this through Booking.com. I was greeted by a lovely lady clerk who checked me in and told me where the room was. It was comfy,cosy,very clean and had all the essentials you needed. I loved the colour scheme of the room purple and gold. The gold chairs were amazing if i could i would of ran away with them ;).



(sorry about the picture the battery on my phone was about to go)

Had a few hours to spare and decided to take a walk around but the weather changed an it started raining,also my stomach was rumbling that made me head for somewhere to have a small bite to eat. While sitting there I asked was there a shopping centre around and I was pleasantly told just a little further down the road. Made my way there just for a quick snoop and came across Penneys. I didn't get much apart from a couple of NYC cosmetics and pj bottoms for 3 euro. Eventually i had to make my way back to the hotel and got myself ready for the night.




I won this prize at Into the West Blogger Network event that was held in the Radisson blu in Galway.  How nice my first ever event and i win a prize :). It was not just myself but it was also 6 other bloggers that got the chance to try some of AN Pucan tasty meals from the menu. While walking in i was a little bit nervous but then i recognise some of the other bloggers from the last event and i was a little bit relieved. I got to know the girls a little better and even got to meet Sinead from Yummy Mummy. I started taking a couple of snaps from the event then the chef came over and introduced himself and we kicked off the tasting. With the tasting we just tried samples of each of the delicious meals from the menu. Chef Tom Joyce gave us a great run down of information on each plate we got a sample from. How it was cooked,what was us to cook it and where their fish and meat is supplied from. It's great to know that everything is locally sourced. 

Potato/Chorizo/Prawn Salad

Fried battered oysters

Their menu also features some healthier options you can't say no to the chorizo/potato/ king prawn salad,delicious. My favourite tasty treats from the night were their Chicken wings,fish finger burger and buttermilk chicken flatbread. We got to try some whiskey again this was my first time trying this! Teeling,Jameson and Tullamore Dew were all on display at the bar. Again barman Eoin had great knowledge on this as he was telling us which whiskey would suit with which foods. All in all i had a great time,everyone was great,the event was great and I'm sure it's not the last i see of Galway. Hope you enjoy the piece :)



Some whiskey tasting



Brownies with Ice-cream/ Cheeseboard


MY OUTFIT DETAILS:

Slogan Love tee from Boohoo €11
Mint pleated skirt Boohoo €20
Floral Blazer New Look (present)
Shoes bought in a shop in town €30
Tan Chloe Sims Starship



Bubbles xx


No comments :

Post a Comment