Sunday 10 January 2016

SKI TRIP ESSENTIALS

Hitting the slopes......Don't we love the winter months? Isn't it made even better when there's a sprinkling of snow. But if we're not lucky enough to see any of the white stuff there is only one thing that comes to mind. Ski trip!! I'm hitting the slopes this time again with my sister and another gal pal of ours. The last time I was skiing was many moons ago in a resort in France called Pra Loup.


This time around we are heading to Austria and I really can't wait for next month. I reckon I have also out grown some of my old skiing clothes. Today gave me a great chance to head out shopping an see if I could pick up a few more pieces. When picking out your pieces definitely go for pieces that are going to give you warmth. I headed over to TK Maxx where firstly I got my new jacket, then walked over to Heatons and to my surprise i spotted a perfect pair of snow boots. While my other bits and pieces I've picked up along the way where bought in lidl. All I need now is trousers!! Here I'm going to share with you all the essentials that are needed for a ski trip :)

SkiEssentials:

As you can see from the picture above I picked up a black regetta jacket from Tk Maxx today for 34.00. Since my last skiing trip I haven't looked back in buying a good ski/outdoor jacket. This is my third jacket since getting my first one and personally I live in my ski jacket. I think they are a good buy and quite wearable and durable.


 
The trousers in which I'm still looking out for while doing a bit of shopping. I will find them! My last ski trousers were overalls and funnily enough I tried them on the other day and let's just say a new pair is needed. Just make sure all your outer wear is all waterproof and durable for the colder weather as you will need the protection from the snow.
 
 
 
My first time in going skiing I never even thought of bringing any goggles/sunglasses. I found myself having to buy a pair of sunglasses while out in the resort I was staying in. You will noticed you need these as you are a lot closer to the sun and it is also a lot stronger while you're up in the slopes. Get them goggles!
 

 
Mittens or gloves simply to keep the hands warm. You are out all day in the slopes, so you don't want to lose the feeling in the fingers at the end of the day.
 
 
Again you don't want to be left not feeling your toes. Pick up a pair of really good thermal or ski socks in any of the sports shop.
 
 
Thermal underwear is great for throwing on underneath an outfit before heading out for the slopes. They'll keep you nice and toasty all day and you wouldn't even noticed yourself that you are wearing them.  
 
 
Sun protection you may laugh at this one but as I said before you are closer to the sun and it is a lot stronger while you're out on the slopes. Boots soltan extreme and Garnier Ambre Solaire do a whole range of sun protection for while you are out skiing.
 
 
A nice thick beanie hat. As you can see from my picture above I've picked up a beanie or two. Gotta keep that head nice and warm.
 
 
 
 Also fleece wear is good to pick up for underneath you're jacket and also great for lounging around in back at the chalet.
 
 
Janey mackers I'm forgetting about the most important essential to bring with you on the ski trip. Everyone needs a really good pair of snow boots. With walking around in the resort and I'm sure it's going to have plenty of snow on the ground,lets be honest you don't want to end up with wet feet for the day.
 
 
 
A little back pack would also be ideal. It'll be great for holding the small essentials such as sunglasses, sun protection, lip balm, mobile phone and ski passes. As the weather is a lot colder you'll be amazed at how dry your skin will get.
 
 
 
Guys I'm not a pro at skiing but the rest of the equipment will be got while we are out there. I'm simply just sharing with you from the first time I went skiing the basic essentials of what is needed if you were to ever take a trip to the slopes.
 
 Hope you enjoy the piece!
 
Bubbles xx

No comments :

Post a Comment