Tuesday 28 June 2016

DANGER BRUNCH AT PLATFORM 61

Hello Tuesday,

Sunday my sister and myself headed to platform61.ie for a very scrummy danger brunch event. Not only that but they teamed up with the newest and hottest donut shop around aungierdanger.ie. We also got the pleasure in getting our hair styled or braided by the lovely Mel Kuljancic from Davey Davey hair salon. If you need to know the hair salon is on Drury street the next street over from platform 61. This place is a very cool,cosy little funky dining spot which you will find downstairs on south william street. We we're greeting by the lovely staff of platform 61 in which they showed us to our table.


As I said the place is very cosy so just be aware of your space while there. While sitting we we're handed a mimosa to start off with. Both of us we're given a bit of time to go through the brunch menu. Everything looked so appetising that I didn't know what to decide on but finally I went for their stun bun burger and boy I wasn't wrong. Something about the chicken it was just so tasty and easy to get through. It came with a side of sweet potato fries and a green leafy salad straight to the point everything on the plate was eaten.


While our plates then got taken away I decided to pop up and get my hair braided. As I sat there I noticed a couple of cool saying through out the building. One from andy warhol 'better being underground' just upon entering into the building. Then i came across 'I think everyone should like everyone' which was on a beam I noticed as I looked up from where I was getting my hair done.




Finally after me drooling, eye balling an then eventually hearing out what was on offer of  the donuts. I went and picked aungier danger dublin death trap donut which I saved for later. Best decision as it was so soft and fluffy with that bit of vanilla-infused custard, delish! The event sold out very quickly and i'm glad I got a ticket as I truly enjoy my sunday morning. A bit of sister bonding is great to do as of 1'o clock came it was nearer our cue to exit as their next and last sitting was at 1.30p.m. Sure we had to legit as Ireland match was kicking off at 2 o'clock. We just got back in time to see the ball being kicked. Hard luck to our boys in green but they have done us very proud in the euros.


Hope you enjoy the piece!

Bubbles xx


No comments :

Post a Comment