Saturday 25 June 2016

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE IRELAND


They say there is no place like home and I believe that is true. If I could I would be hitting the irish open roads to spend some quality time in exploring our country. It's great to head aboard but sometimes though your very own little country might just have many of it's own little hidden treasure's. Let me tell you our emerald isle has plenty of them and it's personally a shame to say I haven't seen many of those little gems.



I know I know Ireland is a beautiful country and hopefully i'm going to change all that. As it's my dream to spend a couple of weeks out on the open road to travel around all the different counties while driving a vintage volkswagen camper van. Yes really! Why waste anymore time if anyone has a vw camper van they want to give me to kick start my dream that would be great ;)

What to see:

Kilkenny I really want to head back here again to really give myself some time to really explore the medieval town. When you're on a hen's you don't really get the chance to do that in the town of Kilkenny.



Dingle is a town in county kerry. It's the only town on the dingle peninsula, it sits on the atlantic coast. Of course we can't go by without saying hello to dingle's well known dolphin Fungie.


Killarney I regret not going here last year but unfortunately I had to cancel the trip. It's a stop of the well known ring of Kerry circuit and the finishing point of Kerry way walking trail. There is so much to see from Killarney national park which covers more than 100 square of countryside.


Cliffs of Moher are located at the southwestern edge of the burren region in county clare. They rise 120 metres above the atlantic ocean at hag's head and reach their maximum height of 214 metres just north of O'Brien's tower.


Why not head further north to county antrim to see the giant causeway. It's an area of about 40,000 interlocking basalt columns, the results of an ancient volcanic eruption. Very interesting!


Westport is a town in county mayo. It is at the south east corner of clew bay, an inlet of the Atlantic ocean on the west coast of Ireland.


Lahinch or Lehinch is a small town on liscannor bay, on the northwest coast of county clare. This has fast become a popular surfing location. Grab those surfboards :)



See there is just so much to see that I really just want to get up and go now. How can we not travel and discover this beautiful green isle of ours. Definitely a dream to do and i'm really going to make that dream come through.

Hope you enjoy the piece!

Bubbles xx 





No comments :

Post a Comment