Friday 3 June 2016

MY OVERNIGHT STAY IN THE COUNTY ARMS HOTEL IN BIRR


Happy Friday,

I'm finally taking the time to stick up my piece on my overnight stay in Birr. It was a little treat for myself to stay in the county arms hotel for a night that included breakfast and also to be able to use the leisure club and swimming pool. Just a warning I was told that birr was a drive through town. I wasn't going to let that dampen things though as off we went on the road for the drive down to birr. With the drive we soon realised that it was feeding time and found ourselves scrambling for somewhere to eat. We discovered one little café in the town that was opened,in we went,sat down and ate a bit of lunch.



As I drove back around the town which lend me to the hotel we noticed the town was very quiet but the reason was the Kerry team were playing a match in the local home ground which happened to be just across the road from the hotel. We checked in took a little wander around the hotel,then out to the side to see the garden, while there we sat to enjoy the little bit of the sunlight. We then headed back in to go to the room as it was time to get change to head to the bar for some dinner. That was it then it was bedtime. The next day i was up very early so I took the opportunity an headed down to take full advantage of the pool,sauna,steam room and whirpool. Why not! After the enjoyment of all that I went to see if I could book myself in to get the nails done. It was great as the girls were very busy they we're able to slot me in. The one thing I did noticed was how busy the leisure section of the hotel was it just never stop. As I left the beauty parlour with my freshly coated nails I needed to do something more.




I just didn't want to leave birr and not have done anything while the day before we weren't lucky enough to see anything either. Off to see what we could do we we're told about birr castle. You could drive which is only 10 minutes or you could walk but as we we're leaving that day we took the car. The castle is owned by the parsons family but the castle at that time we visit was not open to the public hence why i'm standing very far away from the castle. You do have to pay before entering the ground which was €9 each for adults. When we entered the ground we thought it was just the castle but no the ground also has many attractions too it while you are walking around. The ground has two trails that are available to take we of course thought we took the quickest one but nope we spent a little bit longer walking around. It was a shame because we didn't really get the time to enjoy and take in the views. There is loads to take in on the ground so be prepared and have suitable footwear on the feet. I enjoyed the afternoon especially the great telescope it's a pity as it wasn't working cos really that would of been cool, right!


Hope you enjoy the piece!

Bubbles x


No comments :

Post a Comment