Sunday 26 October 2014

PUMPKIN


I will say I'm a big kid at heart! Just don't wanna lose the kid spirit in me and i reckon i won't. With Halloween just around the corner you can say I'm tres excited!! From my last piece you would of known i popped down to a pumpkin patch the week before. I didn't get to pick one up then it wasn't until last Monday i drove up to my local Lidl store and got my hands on a big chunky pumpkin. It was 99 cent to the kg it work out to be 4.27,good enough for me. I was happy with my buy and drove home a happy customer. Had my chunky pumky sitting in my passenger seat looking forward to creating my craving.


If you bought a pumpkin before you know that they can be a pesty little thing to work on. Also in Lidl i discovered a Halloween colossal pumpkin craving set. I found it while walking up and down looking through all the selected Halloween products. Delighted wasn't the word it was 4.99 an what is available in the set is a super carver,super scooper and a stencil pik. This is available in three different colours. Orange,green and purple I of course went with the purple set. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the set was. I found it very useful with helping me scoop out the inside and found the carver great with getting through the pumpkin it was so easy. As years before i  just used a knife and found it a nightmare to work with it was also a bit time consuming. The stencil pik can be a bit hard on the hand but I reckon it depends on your pumpkin. 


With the set you also get a couple of printed picture's which you use to help out with stencilling onto your pumpkin. I chose the skull as you can see from my picture above. I'm very happy with the final look and with the leftover pumpkin you can use it to make a pumpkin pie ;)

Who's looking forward to Halloween :))


No comments :

Post a Comment